In case you didn’t receive it, here is a copy of the email that was recently sent to all SonChasers families:
Season’s Greetings! I hope your family is finding a few quiet(er) moments together during the hustle & bustle of the season! In case we haven’t met, I’m the Children’s Director for SonChasers – working part-time at the church office to equip & encourage those who faithfully serve in our children’s ministry. Don’t worry, I’m not going to start bombarding your inbox with emails; but, I do want to communicate a few important things to you.
1. Healthy Kids: With weekly cleaning of facilities & toys, we do our best to stop the spread of germs. YOUR family can help by keeping sick children at home. Signs of illness may include: frequent cough, runny nose (yellow/green in color), fever (within the last 24 hours), diarrhea or vomiting (within the last 24 hours). If a staff member notices that your child is exhibiting these symptoms, we will page you to come pick him/her up. Also, if you have a child in the nursery, you MUST label the diaper bag & sippy cup/bottle.
2. Curriculum: Here is a listing of what SonChasers is planning to study during the next 3 months. Thank you for helping your child “hide God’s Word in his heart” by working on the memory verses. In addition, there are some cool Advent resources available on our website www.crosspointcc.org.
3. Moving Up: whenever your child is moving to a new class, just notify the Registration Assistant when you’re checking in. They will save your child’s new class assignment in the system. When walking your child to his new class, please take time to meet the teacher & introduce yourself!
- Baby Nursery – parents decide when baby is old enough to stay in the nursery; a sleeping area is available (with crib & pack-n-play)
- Toddler Nursery – parents decide when baby will move up to the Toddler Room (typically, this is somewhere around 15 months/when baby is walking)
- 3 year-olds Class – children move into this class as soon as they have their 3rd birthday
- 4 year-olds Class – children move into this class as soon as they have their 4th birthday
- 5’s/Kindergarten – children move into this class as soon as they have their 5th birthday & remain here until they have completed Kindergarten
- Grades 1-6 – students will move to their new grade at the end of the schoolyear (June date TBA)
I hope this information is helpful to your family. Please feel free to call, email, or stop me on a Sunday if you have other questions. I’m thankful to partner with you in the spiritual development of the SonChasers kids!