Here’s some SonChasers NEWS you need to know for SUMMER 2015…
1. SonChasers kids will move-up to their new classes at the same time that they move-up in school. In other words, kids will continue to attend their same SonChasers classes for the summer months. SonChasers Move-up Day is Aug. 23 (Dist. 140 students go back to school Mon, Aug 17).
** Students who’ve just finished 6th grade should’ve received an invite to HYPE student ministries which meets on Wednesday evenings. These students are welcome to continue attending their Tweens SonChasers class on Sunday mornings this summer as they make the transition. [check out HYPE’s welcome video if you haven’t already]
2. THANK YOU to the many Crosspointers who volunteer tirelessly to lead, teach, and care for our kids! You deserve a break, and we’re giving you one!
- June – SonChasers classes plan to do some combining (1st & 2nd grade will be combined) (3rd & 4th grade will be combined), but will continue to meet “as normal” on Sunday mornings in June.
- July – NO SONCHASERS. Only the Nurseries will be staffed, allowing families the opportunity to learn to worship together. July 5th will be our VBS Celebration Service and the following 3 Sundays in July will include guest speakers as well as special invitations for kids to come forward for a children’s devotion. Families, we understand this can create challenges, but we encourage you to prayerfully consider these as opportunities to engage your children in intergenerational worship. Helping them to learn these skills now, will pave the way for their personal transition to intergenerational worship as they grow. Pack a snack, an activity book, and some crayons and relax in the fact that Crosspoint L-O-V-E-S kids! The sounds of teeny voices trying to whisper reminds us that God is graciously growing our church. [Thank You, God!]
- August – Summer Substitutues — WE NEED YOU! Aug 2, 9, and 16 will be staffed by new volunteers including you! Choose a Sunday or two and sign-up to spend time learning together with your child or with another age group (click here). Instructions and lesson materials will all be provided.
It’s our hope and prayer that trying out this new format for summer will allow for some refreshing of our current volunteerss, as well as giving families some new opportunities to grow in worship together.
Attention, [Israel]! God, our God! God the one and only! Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that’s in you, love him with all you’ve got! Write these commandments that I’ve given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates. from The Message commentary, Deuteronomy 6
With prayers as you make disciples who make disciples,
Children’s Director, Crosspoint Community Church