What if you didn’t get the job because…
- the Lord has mission work left for you to do at your current job?
- the Lord was calling you to remain so that you’ll grow in contentment?
- the Lord has a better, more fitting job for you in the future?
- the Lord was protecting you from something that you couldn’t foresee when you interviewed?
What if you didn’t get the scholarship because…
- the Lord wanted to deepen your trust in Him as your provider?
- the Lord was redirecting your path toward another school or vocation?
- the Lord was moving you toward less dependence upon yourself, and more upon Him?
What if the relationship ended because…
- the Lord wanted to grow you both spiritually before bringing you back together?
- the Lord has someone more fitting for you?
- the Lord was protecting both of you from a destructive cycle of sin?
- the Lord wanted you to be anchored to your identity in Him, rather than another person?
What if the sin was exposed in your life and heart because…
- the Lord was saving your marriage?
- the Lord was breaking the generational cycle of sin in your family tree?
- the Lord was moving you to a greater place of intimacy with Him?
- the Lord was calling you from isolation and toward community with other believers?
What if the opportunity to buy that house didn’t happen because…
- the Lord was protecting you from a poor financial decision and the enslavement of debt?
- the Lord was keeping you in your existing neighborhood for His purposes and mission?
- the Lord was going to provide a more fitting house for you in the future?
- the Lord was teaching you contentment?
What if we, as God’s people, trusted in the Lord with all our hearts, and did not rely on our own understanding? Proverbs 3:5
What if we, as God’s people, walked by faith, and not by sight? 2 Corinthians 5:7
What if we, as God’s people, sought to be strong and courageous, rejecting fear and discouragement, because we know the truth that the Lord our God is with us wherever we go. Joshua 1:9
What if we, as God’s people, lived in light of the truth that our thoughts and ways are not the Lord’s. That His ways and thoughts are far higher than our own, as far as the heavens are above the earth. Isaiah 55:8-9
What if we, as God’s people, instead of growing anxious or worried, turned to the Lord in prayer and with an attitude of thanksgiving, trusting that His peace surpasses all understanding. Philippians 4:4-7
What if we as God’s people, were reminded of the truth that our God is even able to redeem the evil in our lives for His purposes. Genesis 50:20
What if we, as God’s people, were aware in the moments, days, and seasons of life, that our God is all knowing and ever present in this world, and in our lives. Psalm 139
What if we, as God’s people, trusted that the Lord is good to those who love Him, and is working all things together for our good. Romans 8:28
What if we, as God’s people, were anchored to the truth that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6